The 3rd International Summer School on Social Human-Robot Interaction welcomed PhD students and young researchers for an intensive five days of lectures and ateliers covering a wide range of topics in social HRI. It followed up from the 2nd Summer School held at Käringsund Resort & Conference, Åland, Finland.
The summer school was held at Vila Nova de Milfontes, at the southwest coast of Portugal from Monday 4 September to Friday 8 September 2017.
The summer school has a wide-ranging programme of lectures, discussions and hands-on ateliers on topics such as social signal processing, robotics and autism, child-robot interaction, multi-modal communication, natural language interaction, smart environments, robot assisted therapy, interaction design for robots, tools and technologies, and ethics. The school is for participants who seek a background and hands-on experience in the interdisciplinary science and technology supporting social human-robot interaction. The school also features a rich cultural and social programme!
- Serge Thill (University of Skövde, Sweden/Plymouth University, UK)
- Bram Vanderborght (Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium)
- Tony Belpaeme (Plymouth University, UK/University of Ghent, Belgium)
- Patrícia Alves Oliveira (INESC ID, Portugal)
- Ana Paiva (INESC ID, Portugal)
- Sandra Sá (INESC ID, Portugal)
Information will be updated regularly on this website. For other questions you can contact the organizers at email@example.com.
You can also find us at Facebook.